Event Date:23 April 2017 - 12:00am - 28 April 2017 - 12:00am
Discover the true heart and art of teaching while undertaking a rich and exciting journey of personal or professional development
The Certificate is an introductory course to Rudolf Steiner Waldorf Education. This parttime year -long programme will give a broad overview of the many faceted dimensions of Waldorf pedagogy, curriculum and culture. Alongside lectures and workshops that will deepen and extend your understanding of child development and approaches to teaching and learning you will have the opportunity to engage your creative side with many practical activities including arts, crafts, music and movement.
The course is designed to meet the needs of:
- Teachers new to Waldorf education. This includes teachers who have a new position teaching in Steiner Waldorf schools as well as teachers in mainstream schools, seeking professional development, who wish to enliven and reexamine their classroom practice.
- Homeschooling parent-teachers who wish to follow or incorporate a Waldorf Curriculum.
- Teacher aides in Steiner-Waldorf classrooms.
- Parents who wish to accompany their children’s development and education with greater consciousness or who simply wish that they had enjoyed the kind education their children are now receiving.
- Student teachers who think that Waldorf Education might be a direction they would like to pursue.
Contributors: Rosie Simpson and Peter Lee together with a range of experienced Waldorf practitioners.
Seminar 2: July 16-21
Seminar 3: October 8-13
33 Te Mata Peak RoadHastings