• Who can teach in Steiner schools and kindergartens in New Zealand?

    The New Zealand Teachers Council deals with the registration of school and early childhood teachers. For both, a state tertiary qualification is required involving graduate or post-graduate study. For those with overseas qulaifications, transcripts must be submitted to the New Zealand Qualifications Authority who will assess overseas qualifications for New Zealand equivalency.
    Private schools and early childhood centres are bound by these requirements just as state-integrated schools are.